Masters of Wine Endowment Auction Dinner
15 November 17
Earlier in the year we were approched by Patrick McGrath MW if we could be involed with the Masters of Wine Endowment Auction Dinner on the 16th of November.
The Institute of Masters of Wine has arranged a once-in-a-lifetime auction and dinner. Led by Richard Harvey MW, Patrick McGrath MW and Fiona Morrison MW and hosted by international auction house Bonhams, the evening will enable invited guests to bid for an amazing array of Super Lots.
Successful bidders of the Super Lots will gain unprecedented access to the great estates and winemakers of the world, and taste and own wines with impeccable provenance.
All wines are being released by the proprietors, direct from their cellars, especially for the auction.
Guests will also experience a superb dinner with tastings of the exquisite fine wines.
From one MW to another, Patrick asked Michael if he'd put up a Kumeu River Chardonnay to sit alongside some classic white Burgundy, at the dinner. We chose to send our 2013 Hunting Hill Chardonnay with it’s fragrant lemon-lime blossom aromas, supple texture and lingering finish seemed a natural choice. The full list for the dinner is below. Very nice company to be amongst!
• Champagne Bollinger La Grande Année 2007
• Egonmuller Scharzhof Spätlese 2007
• Louis Jadot Chevalier Montrachet Les Demoiselles 2013
• Kumeu River Hunting Hill Chardonnay 2013
• Ridge Vineyards Montebello 1995
• Pingus 2008
• Magnums of Penfolds Bin 707 Cabernet Sauvignon 2004
• Magnums of Château Mouton Rothschild 1996
• Château d’ Yquem 2005
• Grahams Port 1970 Vintage Port